Thought I’d make a fic rec list because I’ve read some great things and I’d love to share. Usually I’m all about the angst but this fandom has me all about the fluff, domesticity. I don’t know. Just go with it. There are more and more posted everyday, none of which I have been able to read. :/ I feel like I have missed a lot of good stories but my very favorites are here.
I have such a problem with HTML and the bullets were giving me problems. Grr. I hope none of the links are borked, either.
All are the pairing Arthur/Eames. Some have secondary pairings.
Let’s start with the stuff that is written in the movie universe.
Epic domestic verse by
gyzym
I love everything about these fics. Everything. ♥
Then there is alternate universe, of course.
And the only crossover fic I’ve ever liked.
Also my favorite angst in the fandom.
I have such a problem with HTML and the bullets were giving me problems. Grr. I hope none of the links are borked, either.
All are the pairing Arthur/Eames. Some have secondary pairings.
Let’s start with the stuff that is written in the movie universe.
- Just Because a Man Visits Another Man Doesn't Mean They're Doing Anything Illegal (yet) by
hackthis ~A simple, humorous fic where Eames flirts and flirts and Arthur fights it…for a while. - In The Space Between Them by
enjambament ~Little trilogy. Long-term established relationship and the history behind it. - Renovations by
joosetta “In which Eames builds a nest and (accidentally) lures Arthur into it.” And it’s accompanied by adorable chibi art by
red_rahl . She does great fanart if you happen to check out her journal. - Words Are Not Enough by
canyousayhot ~Arthur and Eames’ relationship grows through text messages. I may love this fic because of the use of pictures and Tom Hardy’s love of cam-whoring. :D - The Waking Years by
weatherfront ~ "After the Fischer inception, Eames goes back to work as an extractor, and Arthur joins his team. Due to circumstances involving a guy who may or may not be from Greenland, pop astrology, someone's broken limb, hormones, and convenience, they end up learning that love is what starts down below (and makes its way up your spine)." - maybe you’re gonna be the one who saves me by
ilovetakahana ~ "Three years after the Fischer job, most of the team members have moved on with their lives. Some new attachments have been made, some old relationships have been renewed, and life goes on, as it always has. Except for Arthur, who has left the field, and for Eames, who has spent the last three years searching for him, with no success. And then one day Arthur comes back, and everything changes once again."
Epic domestic verse by
I love everything about these fics. Everything. ♥
- Wherever You Will Be (That's Where I'll Call Home) {The Domestic Verse} Master Post~Non-AU. Domesticity, fluff, delving into the pasts of Arthur and Eames, meeting the parents, porn. This has it all.
Dreams make anything possible in this fandom. There is lots of hilarious crack but this one...it takes the cake.
The crackiest crack of the crack.
The crackiest crack of the crack.
- Believe Me if You Can (The House at Pooh Corner) by
gyzym “In a world where Arthur is Rabbit, Eames is Tigger, Cobb is Pooh, Yusuf is Eeyore, Ariadne is Piglet and Saito is Owl, nothing makes sense anymore.”
Then there is alternate universe, of course.
- Incipit by
thehoyden ~ Novelist!Eames and Editor!Arthur “Arthur has been his editor from the beginning. Eames says he won't work with anyone else, and what Arthur will never tell him is that he would cut anyone who tried.” - Pagina Uno by
pyrimidine ~ “ Arthur is a librarian, Eames is the patron with the highest fines in the library's history.” - Cartography for Amateurs by
jibrailis ~ "Perpetually angry!Arthur road trip AU!" - I've Got Nothing To Do Today But Smile (The Only Living Boy in New York) by
gyzym ~“Arthur's a corporate lawyer, Eames owns the coffee shop across the street, and all good love stories start with a quadruple shot latte.” I cannot gush about this fic enough. It’s almost 20k words and it’s adorable and such a feel good thing I cant even. Hearts in my eyes forever for this. She says there will probably be a sequel sometime and I await it anxiously!
And the only crossover fic I’ve ever liked.
Also my favorite angst in the fandom.
- Requiescat by
whiskyrunner ~“The death of Neil McCormick was gradual, not sudden, and not permanent by any means. In the end, Arthur goes much more quickly.” Inception/Mysterious Skin crossover. Set in the movie universe.
Authors
I recommend pretty much everything written by these guys.
I recommend pretty much everything written by these guys.
gyzym ~ She has written my top two favorite things (Coffeshop AU and domestic verse) but what I’ve read of her other stories is great also.
whiskyrunner ~My go-to for angst. The wingman verse is also great and rather fluffy.
cherrybina ~ Well, she’s good for porn without plot to be honest. LOL And I love having her on my flist for the almost daily caps lock flailing and pictures of T-Hard and JGL.