question

NSFW Mar. 14th, 2009 12:44 am
kymburrlee: (Default)
[personal profile] kymburrlee
For the computer smart.

Tonight I've been getting a Windows Security alert that tells me I have 41 viruses. I download Norton because it's what I've always used. I did a full system scan and it said it didn't find anything. But, Windows is still giving me all the urgent alerts.

What's going on? Anyone know?

I'm confused and a little worried.

ALSO: Anyone else's yahoo mail not working?

EDIT: After some searching, found out the thing making those pop-up show up is actually spyware. I'm using what is suggested to remove it now. I hope it works.

Date: 2009-03-14 02:57 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] annushkazhivago.livejournal.com
I was about to say spyware.

Date: 2009-03-14 10:28 pm (UTC)
From: [identity profile] musicophilia.livejournal.com
Just to be on the safe side, download a program called spybot search and destroy. It's great, and I've used it for ages.

Profile

kymburrlee: (Default)
kymburrlee

January 2013

S M T W T F S
   12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
2728293031  

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 22nd, 2026 07:57 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios